Monday, December 21, 2009

wholeBunchOfStuff

I must apologize for not posting in quite some time now. The lack of updates is a result of all the work I have been doing. I haven't had much time to stop and breath in the last month. Enough with the same old busy sob story...

The cg thesis film I am the supervising/lead animator on has gone through a big rewrite and a bunch of changes since I've last posted, so it's worth it to post the video again (if you're ever curious how the film is progressing, the link to the film is always going to be the same-until we're done of course).

You'll notice the sequence-shot numbers in the bottom right hand corner have different colors behind them and that represents who's shot it is. The orange ones are mine, Blue are Rory's, Green are Ryan's, and the Purple are Dave's (he's doing cinematography and those shots have no characters in them)

No Strings Attached - Work Reel from Group of Six on Vimeo.




I just today did my first shot on the other thesis film, the hand drawn one about the tug of war game. It's not finaled and the pencil test was done in a jerry-rigged manner as I am home on break for a couple weeks and don't have a proper pencil test stand.





Up until last night my sketchbook has been looking like this from all the furious thumbnailing I have been doing for my shots for No Strings Attached as well as some sketches I did trying to get comfortable with the new models on the Tug of War film:
















Last night I got bored so I busted open the internet and did some drawing. I particularly liked one of the drawings of people that came out. It didn't look a whole lot like the woman I was trying to draw, but she came out more beautiful and oddly sort of like Mary for some reason. I also came to the conclusion that Labrador puppies are the most adorable things in the world. I also did some quick sketchings while at the mall today that I threw in there.




3 comments:

  1. Haha, no I like the dog on the right. Nice sketches! No Strings is really coming along too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, thanks Jamie. And Jo, there's a reason they used lab/golden pups for those adorable Cottonelle commercials and not pugs.

    ReplyDelete