Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Anim Squad Week 5 update


It's a lot of back and forth, two steps forward, one step back. I don't know how it happened, but I pushed real hard to get this thing wrapped up for week 4, hoping for just a few notes, and to be able to move on. Of course that wasn't anywhere near the case as this is what I had....



The notes I got were mostly that the body mechanics were just way off. Which, I hate making up excuses, but I truly feel was a direct result of doing the stepped blocking method. Wherever it might help with some posing, I feel it just makes the rest of the process so much more difficult because you're ignoring the curves which you'll eventually have to face and untangle and deal with. So to fix those sections, I just slammed down full body keys and deleted shit out. Then I just reworked the motion (this time straight ahead in spline like I'm most comfortable with) and got much better body mechanics. The biggest problem I have right now is just tightening things up. I have now gone in and focused hard on pops and hitches but now have a very 'spliney' feel. I'm hoping that I'm not too far off and the vague term of 'tighten it up' will be accomplish-able. Thankfully my lip sync mostly went over well and my body mechanics are now working. That was really embarrassing me because if anything, I know can do relatively decent body mechanics....



Hopefully my next post will include mostly good news and hopefully-er some a new shot on the horizon. One thing I definitely plan on doing when I'm done is copositing all of these versions on top of each other to really see the difference/advancement from beginning to end. Might be pretty neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment