Wednesday, February 24, 2010

So close yet so far away

I am so close to being done I can almost taste it, whatever that might taste like... Anyway, I have a handful of shots left to polish for No Strings Attached, but I'm actually going to take a vacation over Spring Break. Hopefully that'll be good to come back refreshed and recharged. After I've taken a pass at polishing all of these shots, then the real fun begins. Going back into each shot and addressing fixes and notes I've gotten and making it as good as I can in about three to five weeks because then we need to start rendering this beast out. We did a calculation based on what the test renders have taken and it'll be about 54 days of rendering or something if we were to render it all on one computer in the lab for 24 hours a day. Luckily we have a sort of renderfarm here that'll expedite the process.

Here is my work in sequence 03, and easily my favorite work on the whole film. It's chock full of awkwardness. Shot 03-01 was particularly troublesome getting the right actions timing and physics. It was easily the most difficult physical shot I've ever attempted, but in the end I'm pretty proud of it, especially with Dan Cirillo's voice in there for Gabe. And yes, that paper flip is hand animated. So much fun.



The next bit is still in progress, but since it's been a while since my last post I thought I'd share it anyway. I haven't done my shots with Dan here yet and simply because how much fun it is to work with him this could possibly be the funnest sequence to work on(maybe not favorite, but funnest).



Oh yeah, it's not as recent as this work, but we did an update on the work reel.

No Strings Attached - Work Reel from Group of Six on Vimeo.



And I updated my animation demo reel. It's not my final reel before I try and get a real job, but it's an update with some work from my thesis nonetheless.

Animation Demo Reel from John Fielding on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment